Now that you have successfully updated all the essential information about your company, it's time to add your first staff members – this will be a list of all your employees that you can assign to shifts and that your clients can view on Client Portal. To add your first employees into the system:
- Go to 'Staff' in your upper toolbar.
2. Click on the green 'Add Staff' button in the upper right corner. This will take you to a page where you can insert details about the new user.
3. Fill in the first and last name and email of your employee (these fields are mandatory).
4. Choose whether you want to give the new member access to the staff portal – if you leave the option ON, we will send the login information to this person and they can log into the staff portal.
5. After you have filled in all the necessary information about your new staff member, click 'Save'.
Congratulations, you have added your first staff member into the system! They should now show up in the list on your 'Staff' page. You can also invite staff members to join themselves or upload staff details in bulk via import file - find out how.
To add subcontractors you need to follow same instruction only before adding all necessary information need to go to the dedicated area to subcontractors. This area is placed under same 'Staff' page within the sub-category of the page called 'Subcontractors'.
Another way to add staff (not applicable to subcontractors) is to send your staff members email invitations inviting them to join PARiM - all they have to do then is accept the invite in the email they receive, log in, fill in their details and voila - you have a new staff member!
To send invitations, find the little three-headed icon on top of your staff list in the left hand side on the 'Dashboard' or a green 'Invite' button on the 'Staff' pages.
This will open an invitation pop up window where you can insert the staff members' email address(es) you wish to invite to join and also write a message for them that will be included in the email.
When you're done adding the addresses and the message, click 'Send'. The invitations will now be sent to those people. You can view invitations you've sent and information about them in the 'Invitations' section on the 'Staff' page.
The other way to add staff members is the bulk upload. If you have an xls, xlxs, csv document format with your employees details you can bulk upload it to the system, which is very quick and simple action to complete, just follow these few steps:
- First excel spreadsheet row – row A for your column headings
- Must include email address – no duplicate email addresses are accepted by the system
- If want to include home address straight away, need to have city/town and street name column headings with the information
After you have completed with the document click on the ‘Import’ button next to ‘Add staff’ and follow instructions. When the document is uploaded match the fields by dragging and dropping.
Click ‘Preview’ at the right lower corner and if you have uploaded information successfully all of the staff members should have a green tick next to them. If instead of the tick you see 'x' icon click on the line and correct highlighted information. You can ignore those incorrect fields, by ticking 'Ignore all rows with errors', however information then will not be uploaded to the system.
Click ‘Finish’ and the software will upload it for you.
See your staff members uploaded on the staff list on the 'Staff' page.
Please note: If software found duplicate information the ‘x’ symbol will appear next to the staff information. To cancel the upload just click on the ‘Cancel’ button.
Now it's time for Step 3 - add your first clients into the system.