After you're done putting together the weekly schedule or have made any changes to it, you need to publish it so everyone involved can be notified and view their schedule.
The schedule is not published automatically every time you make a single change to it - this is because we want you to be able to take your time assembling the schedule and change your mind as many times as you like without having a notification sent out every time you make a move.
You can either publish the shifts one by one or all at the same time. You can see whether a shift is published or not from the lock shaped icon (whithin the red frame) in the upper right corner of a shift box - if it's there, the shift has not been published and if there is no icon, the shift is published.
To publish a single shift:
1. Go to a shift box in the schedule view.
2. Click on the little lock icon in the lower left corner of it.
After you have assigned all the shifts or made changes to and you are ready to inform your staff about their hours click on the yellow 'Publish' button in the top left corner of the page. This will send the schedules and rota changes to all relevant staff members.
If you wish to publish only rota changes or to send rotas to everyone you can do this by clicking on the arrow next to the publish button and choose the option you want to perform.
You can also send only one staff member their weekly rota.
To do this:
1. Go to the staff member's schedule you wish to send the rota to. Next to their name there is an icon of the three vertical dots. If you hover your mouse over it, you can see four options - Send weekly rota, Add as preffered, Swap shifts, Add Absence.
2. Click on 'Send Weekly Rota'. This will open a window which shows the weekly schedule for this employee plus information about the site and position.
3. If you do not wish to add anything to the email, click 'Send' and all of this information will be emailed to the chosen employee.
Done publishing your schedule? You can read the next article here.
Please not that Jobs does not require to be published, once they are assigned to the staff member they are visible on their portals.
Back to Schedule menu