The new Pay Rules in PARiM help you to build pay and charge rules with different time-related combinations for locations, positions, people and clients. After you have added the rules to the system, then you can edit and change the details of the rules.
When an already created rule needs to be updated or changed, then this can be done using ‘Edit’ functionality. Following rule details can be updated:
- Rule name
- Conditions - add and remove conditions
- Effective time - period of time for which the change applies to
Please follow the below steps to update a rule:
1. Please look up the rule from the rules list
2. Next, to open a rule view-only mode either simply click on the rule row or click on the three-dot menu beside the rule name and choose ‘Edit rule’.
3. Within the rule side-bar please click on 'Edit' and all the editable fields will become active.
4. Make your changes and click on 'Save'
Example of rule editing
Edit rule - update the minimum wage rate starting from the 1st of April - please see the screen recording on how to update the rate changes starting from the 1st of April.
Steps that were taken in the screen recording to update a rule to have new rates starting from the 1st of April 2020.
- Look up the rule and click on the rule name or ‘Edit rule’ option from the three-dot menu to open the rule side-bar
- Click on Edit
- Update the rates according to the new values starting from 1.04.2020
- Add start date to be 1.04.2020 for ‘Apply for period’
- Click on ‘Save’
- The rule is now updated and new rates applied to shifts
Good to know! When you update a rule and the rule change affects already created shifts, then warning dialogue will let you know the count of the shifts that will be automatically updated with new rule detail.
If you are interested in accessing the Beta version of Pay Rules, write to us at email@example.com.
However, please keep in mind that while a Beta version often introduces exciting new features we all would love to use as soon as possible, it may contain small bugs and slight errors that may not get fixed as a priority or before the main release